Viterbo’s Swim Club makes a splash

Lindsey Krachey, Freelance Writer

Swim Club is a new addition to the clubs on campus that offers students a relaxed and fun-filled way to be a part of a recreational swimming team to grow individual skills at an individual pace. The founders of the club, Megan Pankratz and Sarah Zunker, described how passionate they have been and continue to be toward swimming. They wanted to provide the necessary resources for interested students to utilize, enjoy, and appreciate growing as swimmers, whether that be continuing their love of swimming after their high school careers or beginning their passion in college.  

Overall, they really want to share the joy with their peers, while providing the outstanding benefits associated with it. Some of the benefits of Swim Club include giving its members the opportunity to have a YMCA membership with unlimited access to facilities right here in La Crosse and at any other YMCA location.  

The club’s founders mentioned how being able to get memberships distributed where students have access to a pool to fulfill their goals is something that they are looking forward to achieving. Swim Club also provides and hosts team workouts, one-hour practices every two weeks, and team-building exercises.