Lumen

The Student News Site of Viterbo University

Lumen

Lumen

V-Hawk basketball teams celebrate successful seasons 
Jackson Schuh, Sports Editor • March 7, 2024
Engineering capstone projects proving valuable for students and community 
Noah Nelson, Editor • March 7, 2024
The Importance of Visual Arts at Viterbo
Gretchen Cortez, Arts and Entertainment Editor • March 7, 2024

Baseball finishes a rough two-week stretch

The baseball team caps off March and enters April with a packed schedule of doubleheaders since March 28. The V-Hawks have competed in seven doubleheaders in the last two weeks, which were all conference games. Entering the start of the season, this semester, the baseball team did not get a chance to compete outside until their first game.  

In an interview with Coach Lewis at the beginning of the season, he said he had high hopes for his extremely talented squad this year. He also knew that COVID would play a huge role in how they perform. Thus far, the baseball team has played 27 games this season. Over the Easter break, while much of campus was gone, the baseball team competed in back-to-back doubleheaders against conference opponents.  

Starting on March 28, the V-Hawks begin two days where they go up against Presentation College in back-to-back doubleheaders. The V-Hawks were able to pull out a 3-1 record over those four games. The games for the baseball team did not stop their as they hosted Bellevue University on April 2nd and 3rd in another back-to-back doubleheader. The V-Hawks struggled to keep pace against this team, dropping all four games to their conference opponent.  

On April 6, the V-Hawks traveled to Waldorf to contest a doubleheader on the last day of break. This team came out and fought but were only able to leave the doubleheader with just one win. The next doubleheader was played on April 9 and April 10 where the V-Hawks would travel to Dickinson State. Over the two days the V-Hawks were able to keep the games close and in the end were able to secure just one win out of the four games.   

At this point in their season, the V-Hawks are 10-17 with a conference record of 5-9. The season is far from over as there are 18 games left to play. The V-Hawks will be competing April 14 in another doubleheader against Clarke University in Dubuque, Iowa.  

Donate to Lumen

Your donation will support the student journalists of Viterbo University. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.